Credit No: IDA 51050 NG
Issued on: November 15, 2016
Procurement of a Contractor for the Construction of Remediation Works at Ikot Nkebre and Lemna/Agric Gully Erosion Site, Calabar, Cross River State
IFB No: CRS/NEWMAP/WKS/NCB/16/01
(1) The Federal Republic of Nigeria has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Cross River State Nigeria Erosion and Watershed Management Project (CRS-NEWMAP), and intends to apply part of the proceeds toward payments under the contract for the Construction of Remediation Works at Ikot Nkebre and Lemna/Agric Gully Erosion Site, Calabar, Cross River State.
(2) The Cross River State Nigeria Erosion and Watershed Management Project (CRS-NEWMAP) now invites sealed bids from eligible bidders for the Construction of Remediation Works at Ikot Nkebre and Lemna/Agric Gully Erosion Site, Calabar, Cross River State (“the Works”).
Lot 1: Construction of Remediation Works at Ikot Nkebre Gully Erosion Site, Calabar, Cross River State (CRS/NEWMAP/WKS/NCB/16/01/Lot 1) Ikot Nkebre is located about 8km north of Calabar Airport with the center of its gully lying at coordinates 559,698 north, 429,328 east approximately. The gully consists of five (5) fingers of which two (2) are about 80m to 130m in length and the other two (2) are about half a kilometer in length. The main gully is approximately 1.2km that terminates into a stable wetland. Most of the gully heads, if not all were caused by concentrated storm runoff brought ostensibly by human development due to improper provision of drainage structures, especially at the outfall of these drains.
Lot 2: Construction of Remediation Works at Lemna/ Agric Gully Erosion Site, Calabar, Cross River State (CRS/NEWMAPAVKS/NCB/l6701/Lot 2) Lemna/Agric site is locatedabout 7km north of Calabar Airport. The gully lies at approximately coordinates 5o 02′ 15.60″ N, 8o 21′ 27.70″ E. Its length runs at about 1.3km cutting through a golf course along the way and terminating into stable wetlands. Concentrated storm runoff is the probable cause of the gully development as well as human activities by improper provision of drainage structures especially in the outfall.
(3) The construction works is for a period of Sixteen (16) calendar months and shall include but not limited to the following:
(a) Gully Head Stabilization which is to convey storm runoff safely downstream into the gully bed without causing excessive erosion.
(b) Gully Bed Stabilization which will minimize the flow velocity and reduce the erosive force of the flowing water, and trap sediments which will partially fill the gully bed.
(c) Gully bank stabilization and watershed management.
Lot Contract Identity Name of Works Delivery/ Construction Period Amount of Bid Security
1 CRS/NEWMAP/WKS/NCB/16/01/LOT 1
Construction of Remediation Works at Ikot Nkebre Gully Erosion Site, Calabar, Cross River State 16 months Naira 51 Million (Bank Draft or Bank Guarantee)
2 CRS/NEWMAP/WKS/NCB/16/01/LOT 2 Construction of Remediation Works at Lemna/Agric Gully Erosion Site, Calabar, Cross River State 16 months Naira 13 Million (Bank Draft or Bank Guarantee)
Bidders can bid for one lot or all the lots.
(4) Qualification Criteria:
To be eligible for the construction works, bidders must meet the following criteria:
(a) Possession of experience as a Prime Contractor for at least the last ten (10) years prior to the application submission deadline, and with work cited should be at least 70% complete.
(b) Minimum average annual turnover in construction works of at least
Lot 1: Naira 3.06 Billion
Lot 2: Naira 785 Million
in the last five years in works that have been successfully and substantially completed and that are similar to the proposed works under this Contract;
(c) Own a substantial proportion of the construction equipment required to successfully execute the Contracts;
(d) Provide Annual audited account for the last 5 years to demonstrate the current soundness of the applicant’s financial position and its prospective long term profitability, and have Liquidity and/or evidence of access to or availability of confirmed positive credit facilities of not less than:
Lot 1: Naira 382.5 Million
Lot 2: Naira 98 Million
(e) Have no history of court/arbitral award decisions at least for the past five (5) years.
(f) Have practical knowledge of Bioremediation techniques of flexible structures and must be familiar with the State ecosystem, hydrology, terrain and ecological challenges.
(5) Bidding will be conducted through the National Competitive Bidding procedures as specified in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Procurement of Goods. Works and Non-Consulting Services under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers revised January 2011, revised July 1, 2014 (“Procurement Guidelines”), and is open to all eligible bidders as defined in the Procurement Guidelines. In addition, please refer to paragraphs 1.6 and 1.7 setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from Cross River State Project Management Unit, Nigeria Erosion and Watershed Management Project, e-mail:crsnewmap@ and inspect the bidding document during office hours of 9:00am to 4:00pm at the address given below.
(6) A complete set of bidding document in English Language may be purchased by interested eligible bidders upon the submission of a written application to the address below and upon payment of a non-refundable fee of Forty Thousand Naira (N40,000.00) only. Additional Lot will be sold for Twenty Thousand Naira (N20,000.00). The method of payment will be by certified Bank cheque in favour of Cross River State Nigeria Erosion and Watershed Management Project.
(7) Bids must be delivered to the address below on or before 12:00 noon local time onTuesday, December 13, 2016. Electronic submission of Bids will not be permitted.
Late bids will be rejected. Bids will be publicly opened in the presence of the bidders’ designated representatives and anyone who choose to attend at the address below:
(8) A Pre-bid meeting would be held at the address below on November 29, 2016 which is two weeks before the Bid Opening date by 12:00 noon to allow potential bidders seek clarifications on the bidding document.
(9) The address referred to above is:
State Project Coordinator,
State Project Management Unit (SPMU),
Cross River State Nigeria Erosion and Watershed Management Project (CRS-NEWMAP),
Plot 208, Bible Way, State Housing Estate,
Calabar, Cross River State, Nigeria
Telephone: +234 (0) 806 805 5521