FEDERAL MINISTRY OF TRANSPORTATION (FMOT) AND NIGERIAN PORTS AUTHORITY (NPA)
In Collaboration with INFRASTRUCTURE CONCESSION REGULATORY COMMISSION (ICRC) & CROSS RIVER STATE GOVERNMENT (CRSG)
Public Private Partnership (PPP) Project
TRANSACTION ADVISORY SERVICES FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE OUTLINE BUSINESS CASE (OBC) FOR THE BAKASSI DEEP SEA PORT PROJECT
The Cross River State Government as part of its infrastructure plan desires to develop a deep sea port at Bakassi under Public Private Partnership (PPP) arrangement, in pursuance of which it sought the collaboration of the Federal Government of Nigeria in accordance with existing legal framework for port development in implementing the proposal. Consequently the Federal Ministry of Transportation set up a Steering Committee (The Committee’) to review the prospect of developing a deep sea port in Bakassi.
The Committee upon reviewing the proposal and in accordance with the requirement of the ICRC Act which empowers Governmental Agencies charged with the responsibility of providing public infrastructure to do so through the award of concession to the third party private entities, desires to appoint a Transaction Adviser for the project.
Pursuant to the foregoing, the Federal Ministry of Transportation, the Nigerian Ports Authority, ICRC in collaboration with the Cross River State Government is soliciting for the services of a reputable and highly qualified Transaction Adviser for the development of the outline business case for the Bakassi Deep Sea Port in Cross River Slate, Nigeria (“the Project’). The focus is the provision of a broad range of advisory services for the development of the Project and qualified Transaction Advisers are hereby invited to express interest in providing such services The services to be provided include but not limited to the following:
• Carry out primary review of work (preliminary technical & commercial studies, draft ESIA etc.) already done by the State Government on the project
• Preparation of outline business case, including PPP transaction structuring to complete the PPP project development
• Identification and evaluation of potential commercial activities/business options to be earned out at the deep sea port proposed site and general market assessment including consultation with relevant stakeholders;
• Need analysis- high level review of the project’s commercial rationale and analysis of the demand for and desirability for the project;
• Option analysis – presentation of technical, legal & financial options for structuring PPP transactions Including key contract terms for the recommended options, reflect risk analysis and payment mechanism; and,
• Management of other advisory inputs, stakeholder influences and overall management of the advisory team to ensure a successful transaction
Transaction Adviser may consist of a single firm or a consortium of firms with the technical, legal, financial (electronic financial modeling), environmental, PPP, and other specialist expertise required to successfully complete the transaction. In the case of a consortium, the partners must execute a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) and jointly identify one of the firms comprising the consortium as the Lead Transaction Adviser. The Lead Transaction Adviser will have primary responsibility of liaising with the project implementation team and for managing the consortium’s advisory inputs as a whole International Advisers are encouraged to form partnerships with reputable local consulting firms, which win be an added advantage.
Eligibility requirements without which the Firm(s) shall be disqualified:
• Registration documents of a Company or Joint Venture;
• Evidence of tax compliance from lax authorities from the country of domicile;
• Evidence of compliance with provision of PENCOM Reform Act 2004 which stipulates registration and up-to-date remittance of employee pension fund
contribution in line with the Public Procurement Act 2007 for Nigerian Firms;
• Evidence of bidding entity’s contribution to Industrial Training Fund for Nigeria Firms;
• Evidence of Certificate of Compliance with contribution to Nigerian Social Insurance Trust Fund for Nigerian Firms;
• Evidence of registration with the Categorization and Classification in the Bureau of Public Procurement (BPP) for Nigerian Firms and;
• Audited Accounts for the Company (or of the Lead Company in the case of Joint Venture) for the last three years.
SUBMISSION OF EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI) AND EVALUATION CRITERIA
Prospective Transaction Adviser should submit Expression of Interest detailing the following information as basis for pre-qualification:
• Candidate’s profile reflecting specific track record/experience of similar
nature & value successfully executed within the last ten (10) years in the provision of this assignment This should include professional and academic qualifications, relevant experience/competence and availability for the assignment for the key personnel;
• Verifiable evidence of recent experience advising governments in the structuring of PPP transactions including detailed description of role played in at least two (2) PPP transactions (one of which must be in the transport sector) closed in emerging markets during the last ten (10) years;
• Verifiable evidence of lead participation in the successful preparation of PPP ports projects in the region; and.
• Knowledge transfer capability (training/workshop program).
Completed Eol documents, duly authorized must be submitted enclosed in sealed envelopes, one (1 ) marked ’ORIGINAL” and five (5) marked ’COPY’ and an expression dearly marked “EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST FOR TRANSACTION ADVISORY SERVICES FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF OBC FOR THE BAKASSI DEEP SEA PORT “. A CD-ROM version should also be Included.
The completed Eol documents should be addressed to ‘The Permanent Secretary. Federal Ministry of Transportation. Bukar Dicharima House. Central Business District Abuja’ and delivered in the bid box not later than 12.00noon on Tuesday, December 20, 2016 at the following address:
Office of the Director Procurement
6th Floor, Federal Ministry of Transportation
Bukar Dipcharima House, Central Business District
Candidates are invited to witness the opening of Eols at the Conference Room, 8th Floor, Federal Ministry of Transportation, Bukar Dipcharima House, Central Business District. Abuja at 12:00pm on Tuesday, December 20, 2016.
Interested proponents are kindly requested to note that:
• Submission of Eols shall be in English language only.
• Submission of Eols through electronic media wind be considered
• Only shortlisted bidders will be invited to submit proposals.
• The Ministry reserves the right to invoke the provisions of Section 28 of the Public Procurement Act (PPA) 2007 without incurring any liability to the
Federal Ministry of Transportation
Abuja – Nigeria