EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
The Government of the Federal Republic of Nigeria has received a credit/loan from World Bank/International Development Association (IDA) towards the Community and Social Development Project (SCDP). The objective of the CSDP is to increase access of people (In rural communities) in the state to improved social and natural resources infrastructure service in a sustainable manner through the provision of grant support to communities. The project will be implemented over a five year period. It is intended that part of the proceeds of this credit/loan will be applied to eligible expenditure for the services of the Project Office IEC/Training and Administrative Office in Yobe State Agency for Community and Social Development.
(A) PROJECT OFFICER, IEC AND TRAINING
(i) QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE: At least a first degree or HND in Social Sciences, Natural Resources Sciences, Rural Environmental Development, Agric Extension with at least 5 years post qualification experience part of which must relate to training and social analysis, especially rural appraisals, Computer literacy is compulsory and experience in community level facilitation and mobilization is an added advantage.
• Supervise and carrying out promotions and outreach programme to create awareness of State Agency’s activities
• Facilitate the carrying out of advocacy for the CSDP at the state level through information, education and communication (IEC) campaigns
• Ensure linkage with relevant ministries/agencies on integrating collective action and mobilization of resources for sectoral development plans;
• Undertake regular skill gap analysis of project staff, line ministries, LGRC and CPMC members and identify requisite training to address
• Supervise all training delivery to CPMCs and LGRCs in liaison with relevant SA staff and line ministries staff
• Prepare budget estimates and annual work plan for training, information, education and communication activities of the SA
• Maintain links with and update knowledge of other agencies programmes on advocacy, sensitization and awareness and communities
• Be responsible for preparing periodic reports on progress in advocacy, mobilization and awareness, measured against the targets of annual work plans and legal funding requirements (e.g. IDA/donor requirements)
• Responsible for communication materials development
• Organize learning events for stakeholders
• Coordinate and facilitate CDD cross-learning events and information sharing amongst stakeholders
• Monitoring and coordination of information, education and communication activities
(B) ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER:
(i) QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE: A university degree, HND or its equivalent in social sciences or humanities with at least four years post qualification experience. He/She must be computer literate.
• Secretary to the Management Committee Meetings
• Responsible for Management of personnel matters including appointments, appraisals, discipline, promotion and any other related issues
• Shall be responsible for supervising clerical staff
• Ensure appropriate record keeping
• Responsible for managing all office utility services
• Responsible for maintaining office assets including vehicles, plants office premises etc
• Supervise security staff of the SA
• Any other duty as may be assign by the GM or Admin and Finance Manager
METHOD OF APPLICATION
The appointment is for the period of the life of the project with six month probation period. However, Civil servant found suitable will be engaged as seconded officer and will continue to enjoy salary from their employers with Productivity Allowance from the project
Yobe State Agency for Community and Social Development request for 10 copies of Curriculum Vitae from eligible/interested applicant for the position of Project Officer M & E and Administrative Officer. The remuneration is attractive and in commensurate with the mode of entry and in accordance with the CSDP Staff Regulation and conditions of service.
The CV’s should be submitted to the General Manager Yobe State Agency for Community and Social Development, Commissioners Quarter Layout off Bukar Abba Ibrahim Way, Damaturu Yobe State not later than two weeks from the date of this advertisement.
Yobe State Agency for Community and Social Development, Damaturu