THE FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF PETROLEUM RESOURCES, EFFURUN
EFFURUN, DELTA STATE, NIGERIA
ADDENDUM TO INVITATION FOR PREQUALIFICATION AND TENDER FOR CONSTRUCTION AND FURNISHING OF ENTREPRENEURSHIP CENTRE BUILDING: YEAR 2011 & 2013 (MERGED) TETFUND ENTREPRENEURSHIP INTERVENTION PROJECTS
The Management of the Federal University of Petroleum Resources, Effurun (FUPRE), Delta State wishes to inform prospective bidders that the request for tender for the proposed construction and furnishing of an Entrepreneurship Centre Building (Phase II) as advertised in the Blueprint and Nigerian Tribune Newspapers of Monday 13th March 2017 and the Federal Tenders’ Journal of March 20th – April 2nd 2017 is hereby suspended till further notice.
Management deeply regrets the inconveniences that this suspension may have caused prospective bidders.
E.M. Ichendu. FCAI, MNIM
THE ADVERT MENTIONED ABOVE IS SHOWN IN BELOW:
THE FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF PETROLEUM RESOURCES, EFFURUN
P.M.B. 1221, DELTA STATE, NIGERIA
INVITATION FOR PREQUALIFICATION AND TENDER FOR CONSTRUCTION AND FURNISHING OF ENTREPRENEURSHIP CENTRE BUILDING: YEAR 2011 & 2013 (MERGED) TETFUND ENTREPRENEURSHIP INTERVENTION PROJECTS
The Federal University of Petroleum Resources, Effurun (FUPRE), Delta State, is desirous of constructing and furnishing an Entrepreneurship Centre Building (Phase II) to be financed from the year 2011 and 2013 (merged) TETFund Entrepreneurship Intervention allocation.
Consequently, the University hereby invites reputable bidders with relevant experience and good track records to participate in the prequalification and tender exercise for the projects as described hereunder:
LOT NO. DESCRIPTION OF PROJECT REFERENCE CODE
Lot 1 Entrepreneurship Centre Building
The scope of works c emprises the construction and erection of one storey complex The structure is of mass concrete strip foundation with internal and external load bearing walls, reinforced concrete columns and beams/lintels. The roof Structure also consists of timber-framed background and corrugated long span aluminum covering with mechanical, electrical and ICT services, among others as per detailed in the Tender documents. FUPR/EFFURUN/TETFUND/11&13/01
Lot 2 Procurement of Furniture for Entrepreneurship Centre
This entails the supply of office tables and chairs for the Entrepreneurship Centre Building
Note: Bidders may bid for any of the Lots.
(B) PREQUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Competent and interested companies who have the requisite experience and desire to execute the projects are required to submit the following documents with verifiable evidences for assessment and consideration (the authenticity of the submitted documents to be verified from the Bureau of Public Procurement and other relevant regulatory agencies):
(1) Evidence of registration with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) by inclusion of photocopies of certificate of incorporation and article of association;
(2) Valid Tax Clearance Certificate for the past 3 years (2013, 2014 & 2015) with the Company’s Tax Identification Number (TIN);
(3) Evidence of Registration on the National Database of Contractors, Consultants and Service Providers by the Bureau of Public Procurement (BPP) or a copy of Interim Registration Report (IRR) as evidence of compliance with Sections 5(h) and 6(1 )(f) of the Public Procurement Act, 2007:
(4) Evidence of compliance with Part IV 16(6)(d) of the Public Procurement Act, 2007 and Section 1(2) of the Pension Reform Act, 2004 as it relates to PENSION by inclusion of a copy of the Pension Clearance Certificate (or Certificate of Exemption from PENCOM);
(5) Evidence of compliance with the provisions of the Industrial Training Fund (Amendment) Act, 2011 or the National Social Insurance Trust Fund, either by inclusion of a copy of Compliance Certificate from Industrial Training Fund or from NSITF;
(6) Company Audited Account for the year 2016;
(7) Comprehensive company profile with list of staff, including curriculum vitae, competencies, qualifications, registration with relevant professional bodies and experience of key personnel (enclose photocopies of professional qualifications);
(8) Evidence of financial capability and banking support (bank reference), bank statements of account for the last three (3) months.
(9) Evidence of previous similar projects undertaken in the past two (2) years including scope of project, site of project, contract sum, evidence of successful completion of the project (enclose copies of valuation certificates);
(10) Letter of consent to allow the University, BPP, and Law Enforcement Agencies to verify all the documents submitted including CAC documents, Tax, VAT Remittances, Pension, Industrial Training Fund and Company’s Financial Standing with the Bank.
(11) A sworn affidavit that:
(a) The Firm is not bankrupt
(b) None of the Directors is an ex-convict or bankrupt
(12) A sworn affidavit confirming that all information of the company as presented and attached are true and correct and that no officer of FUPRE, BPP or TETFund is a former or present Director or Shareholder or has pecuniary interest in the bidder.
(13) Please state clearly your Company’s full contact address, GSM Phone No. and e-mail address for ease of communication
Note: the documents should be arranged in the order listed above.
(C) COLLECTION OF TENDER DOCUMENTS
All interested bidders should collect Tender documents from the Procurement Unit (Office of the Vice Chancellor), Federal University of Petroleum Resources, Effurun, Delta State between 10am – 3pm (Monday-Fridays) on payment of a non-refundable fee of N50,000 for lot 1 and N 10,000 for lot 2 respectively, to be paid into FUPRE TSA Internally Generated Revenue Account with CBN through any Commercial Bank and obtain receipt from the Bursary Department, FUPRE.
(D) SUBMISSION OF TENDER DOCUMENT
Interested Bidders are expected to submit both Technical and Financial Bid Documents in accordance with the BPP Standard bidding documents prepared by FUPRE. Five (5) sets of each should be submitted in 2 SEPARATE SEALED ENVELOPES, clearly marked “CONFIDENTIAL: Technical Prequalification as Contractor (2011&2013 TETFund Entrepreneurial Intervention Project Lot…..)” and “CONFIDENTIAL: Financial Tender as Contractor (2011&2013 TETFund
Entrepreneurial Intervention Project Lot……)”. The name and address of the company shall be clearly stated at the back of each envelope (and the Lot Number, Reference Number and Project Description clearly indicated on the top left hand corner of the envelope).
Financial Bids shall be valid for a period of 120 days after the deadline for submission and must be accompanied with a bid security of 2% of the total bid value.
Failure to comply with the above requirements will automatically result in disqualification.
All submissions are to be addressed to:
The Procurement Unit,
(Vice Chancellor’s Office)
Federal University of Petroleum Resources, Effurun
Effurun, Delta State.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION
The Technical and Financial Bid documents should be hand-delivered and submitted in the “Tender Box” at the Procurement Unit not later than Friday, 21st April, 2017 at 12:00noon.
OPENING OF PREQUALIFICATION DOCUMENTS
Only the Technical Prequalification Documents will be opened immediately after the submission deadline on Friday, 21st April, 2017, and Tenderers are invited to attend the opening ceremony of the Technical Prequalification Documents at the University Auditorium.
CAVEAT : LATE SUBMISSION OF TENDER SHALL NOT BE ACCEPTED UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE(S)
Only Prequalified Bidders would have their Financial Bid Documents opened. Contractors not prequalified will have their financial bids and bid security returned to them unopened.
The Federal University of Petroleum Resources, Effurun, reserves the absolute discretion and right to either accept or reject any document and it shall not be required to give reason(s) for refusal to invite any company. This advertisement for invitation shall NOT be construed as a commitment on the part of FUPRE, Effurun nor shall it entitle any contractor to make any claim whatsoever and or seek any indemnity from FUPRE. All costs incurred as a result of response to this invitation and any subsequent requests for information shall be borne by the responding Firm.
E.M. Ichendu, FCAI, MNIM
Leave a Reply