MULTINATIONAL: BENIN, COTE DTVOIRE, GHANA, NIGERIA AND TOGO AND THE ECONOMIC COMMUNITY OF WEST AFRICAN STATES (ECOWAS)
STUDY ON THE ABIDJAN – LAGOS CORRIDOR HIGHWAY DEVELOPMENT PROJECT
NOTICE FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST; RECRUITMENT OF A CONSULTANT TO CONDUCT THE FEASIBILITY STUDIES, ENVIRONMENTAL AND SOCIAL IMPACT ASSESSMENT, AND ENGINEERING DESIGN STUDIES, AS WELL AS PREPARE BIDDING DOCUMENTS FOR CONSTRUCTION WORKS OF THE ABIDJAN-LAGOS CORRIDOR HIGHWAY.
(1) The ECOWAS Commission has received Grants from the African Development Fund (ADF) and the European Development Fund (through the African Investment Facility -AflF) to cover the cost of studies on the Abidjan-Lagos Corridor Highway Development Project, and intends to use part of grant amount to finance the service contracts of consultants responsible for conducting feasibility studies, environmental and social impact assessments and engineering design studies, as well as preparing bidding documents for the construction works.
(2) The services under this contract mainly consist of: (i) identifying and collecting standards used by participating member countries, and choosing those to be used for the studies; (ii) identifying route options, conducting comparative analysis of the proposals and recommending the best routes for the six-lane highway (2×3 lanes); (iii) conducting a traffic study and estimating future traffic: (iv) undertaking axle-load surveys and investigations; (v) conducting preliminary design studies, (vi) conducting final design studies, (vii) conducting economic and socio-economic studies, (viii) conducting environmental and social impact assessments, (ix) conducting Right of Way and Property Impact Assessment and prepare a Resettlement Action Plan, (x) preparing works implementation and road Maintenance strategies (xi) conducting unit price studies and preparing bills of quantities and estimates for the Works, and (xii) preparing bidding documents for the Works.
The studies will be conducted per the following lots to cover the entire corridor: (i) Lot 1: Abidjan (Cote d’l voire) – Takoradi (Ghana), 295.3 km;
(ii) Lot2: Takoradi (Ghana)-Accra (Ghana)-Akanu (Ghana), 389km; and
(iii) Lot 3: Akanu (Ghana)-Noepe (Togo)- Lome (Togo)-Agonmey Glozoun (Togo)-Athieme (Benin) – Cotonou (Benin)-Seme-Krake (Benin/Nigeria)-Lagos (Nigeria), 300.12 km. All distances provided are indicative and could be more depending on the eventual confirmation of alignments by Member States.,
The overall duration of the studies is estimated at eighteen (18) months for each lot.
(3) The ECOWAS Commission invites Consultants (firms specialized in transport infrastructure engineering studies) to submit their candidacy for the lot(s) of their choice for the services described above. Interested eligible and qualified consultants must provide information on their qualifications and experience, demonstrating that they are qualified to provide similar services. The criteria for preparing the shortlist are: (a) general experience in road works (studies, control or full supervision) over the past ten (10) years; (b) specific experience in engineering studies for the construction of highways or roads serving that purpose, conducted over the past ten (10) years; (c) specific experience in engineering studies and/or control of works related to crossing structures or grade-separated junctions (fly-overs); (d) experience in donor-financed road works-related studies or controls (rehabilitation, construction or upgrading) in sub-Saharan Africa would be an added advantage; (e) availability of key staff (list, qualifications, and experience), (f) logistic resources and equipment: (g) IT resources (specialized software), (h) capacity to produce reports and all other relevant documents on the study in English and French; (i) Have an average annual turnover of at least One million US Dollars (US$ 1,000,000) as confirmed by audited financial statements.
NB: Each reference will be summarized on a project sheet, and will be considered only if the candidate attaches supporting documents indicating the contact information of the contracting authorities so as to facilitate verification of the information provided: Excerpts of contract (inner cover page and page with the signatures) plus Attestation of good performance
Consultants may form groups to increase their chances of qualification.
A candidate may express interest in more than one lot but cannot be selected for more than one lot.
(4) The eligibility criteria, the preparation of shortlist, and the selection procedure shall comply with the African Development Bank’s Rules and Procedures for the Use of Consultants” (May 2008 edition – revised m July 2012). available on the Bank’s website: http://www.afdb.org. The selection procedure will be based on Quality Based Selection Method (QBS). and a shortlist of six (6) firms which present the best profiles per Lot shall be drawn up after the expression of interest. Also the firms that are part of an international network are to submit one expression of interest.
(5) Interested consultants can obtain further information at the e-mail addresses mentioned below during working hours 8:00 am to 12:00 noon (local time) on working days: firstname.lastname@example.org with copy to email@example.com: firstname.lastname@example.org: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
(6) Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form (one (1) signed original plus seven (7) copies) in (person, or by registered mail) to the address below, not later than 31st May, 2017 at 4:00 p.m. (GMT+1), and must be clearly marked “Studies on the Abidjan-Lagos Corridor Highway Development Project/Expression of Interest in consulting services for the conduct of feasibility and engineering design studies, as well as the preparation of bidding documents for the works’
For delivery in person or by registered mail to:
Office of the Commissioner,
General Administration & Conference
Fifth (5th) Floor of the ECOWAS Commission Headquarters,
Plot 101, Yakubu Gowon Crescent,
Asokoro District, Abuja
Requests for further information or clarification could be sent by e-mail: Attention : Commissioner General Administration & Conference Email : email@example.com
With copies to : firstname.lastname@example.org
(7) The working languages shall be English and French. The Expression of Interest will be submitted in English.