FEDERAL AIRPORTS AUTHORITY OF NIGERIA (FAAN)
INVITATION FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI) IN THE FAAN’S INSURANCE POLICIES FOR YEAR 2018
In compliance with the Public Procurement Act 2007, the Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN) invites bids for 2018 Insurance year under its 2018 financial year (IGR) budget. Consequently, the Authority wishes to invite competent and reputable Insurance Companies to submit Expression of Interest (EOI) in the Authority’s Insurance Policies as stated below:
(B) INSURANCE POLICY CATEGORIES
LOT 1: LEAD INSURANCE UNDERWRITER (GENERAL)
LOT 2: CO-INSURANCE UNDERWRITERS (GENERAL)
LOT 3: LEAD LIFE INSURANCE UNDERWRITER
LOT 4: CO-LIFE INSURANCE UNDERWRITERS
LOT 5: LEAD INSURANCE BROKER
LOT 6: CO-INSURANCE BROKERS
(C) SCOPE OF INSURANCE REQUIRED
The scope of Insurance shall include the following:
• Airport Owners and Operators Liability.
• Industrial All Risk Liability:
(a) Fire/Extraneous Peril Insurance
(b) Money Insurance
(c) Plant All Risk Insurance
• Private Motor Insurance.
• Vehicle (Own Goods) Insurance.
(a) Vehicle (Private Bus) Insurance
(b) Vehicle (Special Type) Insurance
• Motor Cycle Insurance
• Professional Indemnity Insurance
(a) Group Life Insurance
(b) Group Personal Accident Insurance
(D) EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI) REQUIREMENTS All interested Companies are required to submit the following:
(a) For Lead Insurance and Co-Insurance Underwriters (General)
(i) Evidence of being Insurance Company/ Co-Insurance Underwriter operating for a minimum of ten (10) years.
(ii) Evidence of having successfully carried out similar activity.
(b) For Life Insurance Underwriters
(i) Evidence of being a Life Insurance Company for a minimum of ten (10) years.
(c) For Lead and Co-Insurance Brokers
(i) Evidence of being an Insurance Broker firm operating for a minimum of ten (10) years.
(E) OTHER DOCUMENTS THAT MUST BE SUBMITTED ALONG WITH THE TENDER
• Evidence of Company Registration / Certificate of incorporation of the company.
• Certified true copy of Memorandum and Article of Association with CAC forms CAC02 & CAC07 inclusive (where applicable).
• A certified true copy of the company’s current operating licence by NAICOM.
• Have a verifiable location address in Nigeria.
• Company’s profile including major clients handled in the last three (3) years and the CV’s of the key Management staff.
• Evidence of Company’s publish Annual Report and Accounts with the evidence of unqualified auditor’s opinion for the years 2014, 2015 and 2016 respectively.
• A statement signed by the Company’s MD/Chief Executive Officer that the Company settles and will settle all genuine claims promptly.
• Evidence of having met consolidation requirement.
• Evidence of tax payments (Current Tax Clearance Certificate) for the last three years – 2014, 2015 and 2016.
• Evidence of compliance with Industrial Training Fund (ITF) regulation.
• VAT registration and evidence of remittance.
• Certificate of compliance to pay pension from PENCOM and evidence of remittances.
• Evidence of financial capability to execute the project (Bank Reference Letter/Bank guarantee will form part of the evaluation criteria).
• Verifiable evidence of similar projects successfully completed / on¬going (e.g. Letter of Award, Certificate of completion, Contract Agreement and Payment Certificate).
• Sworn Affidavit disclosing as follows:
• That all documents submitted are not only genuine but correct.
• That the Director(s) has /have never been convicted by any court of law.
• That none of firm’s Director or the company is bankrupt.
• Whether or not any of the officers of FAAN or BPP is a former or present Director of the Company.
SUBMISSION OF DOCUMENTS
The documents are to be submitted in four (4) copies in A4 paper size and neatly bound. The document should be arranged in the order listed under expression of interest requirements above and clearly separated by dividers.
The documents must be sealed in an envelope and the Lot Number and Name clearly written at the top left corner of the envelope.
All documents must be submitted to the office of “The General Manager (Procurement)”, FAAN Headquarters, Ikeja – Lagos.
Contacts: – Phone No. 08033075384; E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
(G) CLOSING AND OPENING OF SUBMISSIONS
Submission of tender document shall close at exactly 11:30 am on Monday, 16th October, 2017. All submissions will be opened on the same day immediately after closing at the Procurement Conference Room, Maintenance Yard, FAAN Headquarters, Ikeja, Lagos
(H) IMPORTANT INFORMATION
• No Company is allowed to submit bid documents for more Than One (1) Lot.
• FAAN reserves the right to verify the authenticity of any claims made on the tender documents submitted by companies.
• Failure to comply with the instruction(s) and provide any required document(s) may automatically result in disqualification.
• FAAN reserves the right to reject any or all the tender documents.
• Original of all documents above must be produced for sighting at the opening and any other time requested.
• Tender documents submitted late shall not be opened in line with the Section 27 (5) of Public Procurement Act 2007.
• All submissions must be in English language.
• This advert shall not be construed to be a commitment on the part of FAAN, nor shall it entail the Applicant to make any claim(s) whatsoever and/ or seek any indemnity from FAAN, by virtue of such applicant having responded to this publication.
Leave a Reply