INVITATION TO TENDER
Tender Reference: TD 17-0141-ABV-N
Tender Title: G Livestock Procurement
Oxfam is a registered International Non-Governmental Organization. It is a member of Oxfam International, an international confederation of 19 organizations working together in more than 90 countries with partners and other allies around the world. Oxfam focuses its activities on providing a comprehensive response to poverty, working cohesively in the four areas that constitute its identity: development cooperation, humanitarian action, fair trade, social mobilization, campaigns and education for global citizenship.
To support government response towards social protection, such as NARF (National Agricultural Resilience Framework) towards resilience building, Oxfam, is implementing a 4-Year Project, funded by the European Union, in Adamawa and Kebbi States. The project is being implemented in 70 rural communities in the Sahelian States of Adamawa and Kebbi in Northern Nigeria and will assist 35,000 very poor households to improve their food/nutrition security and resilience in agriculture production, incomes generation as well as strengthen their preparedness to withstand shocks because of disasters.
To achieve the objectives of the project, Oxfam is conducting a tender process within Nigeria and the successful applicant will be expected to work in line with the following Scope of Work:
(1) Sourcing a total of 5740 local breeds of Doe, 574 improved breeds of Bucks, 44198 local breeds of Hens and 442 improved breeds of Cocks respectively in line with guidelines provided in detailed tender dossier.
(2) Delivery of the sourced livestock and poultry to 70 communities across 3 LGAs in Adamawa and Kebbi States.
(3) Quarantine and stabilize the animals in each community for a minimum recommended period before transferring them to the beneficiaries.
(4) Train beneficiaries (directly or indirectly) on basic animal husbandry and livestock management techniques that will strengthen beneficiaries capacity to manage the animals.
Train beneficiaries on basic animal health and nutrition techniques and how to access animal health services in their communities.
(5) Provide post-delivery technical services to the Project on routine monitoring and evaluation of the animals, their performances and management especially in ensuring the implementation of the “Passing-on-the-Gift” methodology.
The tender dossier can be collected at Oxfam office located at 11, Ganges Street, Off Alvan Ikoku Way, Maitama Abuja, or it can be issued to you through email on request.
Requests for clarification may be submitted by email to:email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, until 20th September, 2017 by 5pm.
The deadline for submission of tenders is 2nd October, 2017, at 12noon upon conditions in the tender dossier. Oxfam does not bind itself to award the tender to the lowest offer and reserves the right to accept the whole or part of the tender.
We look forward to receiving a tender from you and thank you for your interest in working with us.
Oxfam supply and logistics team Nigeria.