Specific Procurement Notice
(National Competitive Bidding)
Yobe State Government of Nigeria Rural Water Supply & Sanitation Sub-Programme in Yobe State
Date: 21st December 2017
LOAN NO: 210015001564
IFB NO: YB/WSS/NCB/WORKS/MBH/01/2017
DRILLING OF 55 NOSSINGLE PHASE MOTORIZED BOREHOLES IN RURAL COMMUNITIES, SCHOOLS AND PUBLIC PLACES OF FIKA, NANGERE, BURSARI, GULANI, GUJBA, FUNE AND DAMATURU LGAS AND 32 SOLAR POWERED BOREHOLES IN COMMUNITIES OF GUJBA, GUKANI, YUNUSARI AND KARASUWA LGAS OF YOBE STATE
(1) This specific procurement Notice follows the General Procurement Notice (GPN) for the sub-programme which appeared in the United Nations Development Business (UNDB) No. 709 of August 31st 2007.
The Federal Government of Nigeria has received financing from the African Development Fund (ADF) towards the cost of the Rural Water Supply and Sanitation Sub-programme in Yobe State and intends to apply a portion of the proceeds of the loan to eligible payments under the contract for the procurement of works: drilling of fifty five (55) Nos. Single Phase Motorized Boreholes and thirty two (32) Solar Powered Boreholes in rural communities of Yobe State.
(2) Bidding is opened to all Bidders from eligible member countries as defined in the ADB’s Rules and Procedures for the Procurement of Goods and Works, July 2012 Edition.
(3) There is one contract divided into three lots. The scope of the Works are as detailed below:
SOLAR AND SINGLE PHASE
SOLAR- LOT 01 (32 BOREHOLES)
Drilling and installation of 22 Nos. Solar Powered Boreholes in communities of Gujba and Gulani EGAs. 10 Solar Powered Boreholes in Bukarti and Abaridi of Yunusari and Karasuwa LGAs respectively.
FIKA – LOT 02 (30 BOREHOLES)
Drilling and installation of 30 Nos. Single Phase Motorized Boreholes (Tiptip) in communities of Fika, Nangere and Bursari LGAs.
GULANI -LOT 03 (25 BOREHOLES)
Drilling and installation of 25 Nos. Single Phase Motorized Boreholes (Tiptip) in communities of Fune and Gulani LGAs.
The Bid Security should be in an acceptable form and amount as follows;
Lot 1 – Six Million (NGN 6, 000,000)
Lot 2 – Five Million Naira Only (NGN5, 000,000.00), and
Lot 3 – Five Million Naira Only (NGN5, 000,000.00)
Interested Bidders may bid for 1, 2 or all lots. Bidders submitting bids for more than one lot must present separate Bid Security for each. Combined bid security for more than one lot will render the bids non-responsive.
(4) The Project Implementation Unit, Rural Water Supply and Sanitation Sub-programme in Yobe State now invites sealed bids from prospective eligible bidders for the above-mentioned packages
(5) Bidding will be conducted using National Competitive Bidding (NCB) procedures specified in the African Development Bank’s Rules and Procedures for the Procurement of Goods and Works, July 2012 Edition.
(6) Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from the Programme Manager, Rural Water Supply and Sanitation Programme, firstname.lastname@example.org and inspect the Bidding Documents at the Address given below, from 8:30am 4:30pm on working days.
A complete set of Bidding Documents which contain detailed specifications of the work may be purchased by interested bidders on the submission of a written application to the address below and upon payment of a non-refundable fee of twenty five thousand Naira (NGN25, 000.00) for each lot and ten thousand Naira (N10,000.00) for additional lot. Payment should be made to the project accounts below;
Bank: First Bank Nig. Pic, Damaturu Branch Nigeria
Account Name: AfDB-Assisted RWSSP
Account No: 2016956258
(7) Bids must be delivered to the Programme Manager at the address stated below on 18thJanuary, 2018 by 11:00am and must be accompanied by the required Bid security.
(8) Electronic bidding will not be permitted. Late bids will be rejected. Bids will be opened in the presence of the bidders or their representatives who choose to attend in person at the following address on 18th January, 2018 by 12.00pm in the Conference Room of Yobe State Secretariat (IBB Secretariat) located along Maiduguri – Gashua by pass adjacent to Yobe State House of Assembly Complex, Damaturu.
(9) Pre bid meeting will be held on 04th January, 2018 at the address below:
(10) The Programme Manager,
Rural Water Supply and Sanitation Programme.
Flat A6 & A7 300 Housing Units,
Maiduguri Road, Behind NNPC Mega Filling Station,
Attention; The Programme Manager
Leave a Reply