FAMILY HEALTH INTERNATIONAL (FHI360)/USAID
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS (RFP):
MASTER SERVICE (FRAMEWORK) AGREEMENT – INSTALLATION OF SANITATION AND HYGIENE FACILITY SERVICES
Family Health International (FHI360) is not-for-profit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes expert in health, education, nutrition, environmental, economic development, civil society, gender equality, youth, research and technology, creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges.
With expected funding from USAID’s Office of Foreign Disaster Assistance (OFDA), FHI360 is supporting acute needs of internally displaced persons (IDPs) in Borno State through the provision of integrated health and nutrition, protection and WASH programming. The activities anticipated under this RFP will address immediate sanitation and hygiene needs by erecting public latrines and bathing facilities in areas where none exist
FHI3 60 Nigeria Country Office is hereby seeking competent firms to carry out the establishment of WASH facilities under the supervision of FHI360 staff, in coordination with other implementing agencies and in accordance to technical specifications outlined in the supporting documents.FHI360 plans to engage multiple firms as a result of this solicitation and contract each for a period of one year, with the possibility to renew for additional time. Work under these contracts will be issued based on Task Orders (TO).
The projects anticipated under this contract will be carried out in one or more Local Government Areas (LGAs) in Bomo State. Successful bidders are expected to deliver against the Scope of Work in designated sites in Dikwa. Ngala. Damasak and Banki LGA, as determined in the Task Order.
Successful bidders will be expected to carryout projects in one or more locations concurrently. Each should demonstrate capacity to provide labor, materials, transportation, and supervision in all locations when projects are active.
SCOPE OF WORK
(1) Elaborate a work schedule for each Task Order including expected material delivery and completion dates.
(2) Submit weekly progress reports to the FH1360 contract technical administrator on all active projects.
(3) Establish a specified number of Latrine or Shower blocks as specified in Task Orders.
(4) Purchase all materials and tools required to complete work to the standard specified in the technical drawings, as verified by the FHI360 WASH Coordinator.
(5) Deliver all materials and tools required to the project site.
(6) Provide a foremen or site supervisor for all project locations during any scheduled working times.
(7) Engage local labor to conduct unskilled labor (eg. Excavation) at WASH Sector approved rates, and skilled labor (eg. carpentry, masonry) where available.
(8) Undertake site safety measures during ongoing work (eg. Temporary fencing, site delineation, visibility marking) to prevent accidental injury at incomplete work site.
(9) Schedule material transport with FHI360 to coordinate necessary security escorts to project sites.
(10) Coordinate projects and submit reports to IDP camp/Household’s management.
(11) Clear site of excess material and refuse prior to requesting completion certificate.
(12) Upon completion, request site assessment from FHI360 to certify work.
The technical specifications, bills of quantities and technical drawings for the work required are available via auto-response email: RFP-WASHFacilities@fhi360.org
(D) EVALUATION FACTORS & SELECTION CRITERIA
Bidder should ensure that all requested information is included in your submission. Proposals will be evaluated based using a technically acceptable and lowest price model. Proposals that do not meet technical acceptability standards will not be evaluated on cost.
Please review the tables below for required components of all proposal submissions. Evaluators will neither make assumptions nor draw inferences regarding missing or incomplete information. The submission of incomplete information could result in the rejection of the proposal.
|No||Proposal Requirement||Evaluation Criteria|
|1||Company profile with registered address, functional email address and telephone number, point of contact for the entity||Acceptable / Unacceptable|
|2||Evidence of company registration (i.e. Certificate of incorporation, form CAC7 & CAC2)||Acceptable / Unacceptable|
|3||Evidence of tax payment for the last three years||Acceptable / Unacceptable|
|4||List of past performance of similar projects including contracting entity (NGO, Government, etc.), value of contract and evidence of completion||Acceptable / Unacceptable|
|5||Three professional reference s, including name, phone number and organization that can attest to satisfactory performance in previous provision of related services||Acceptable / Unacceptable|
|6||I. Sample work plan for one Block 3 stances of latrines and 2 stances of bath shelter (all in one block)||Acceptable/Unacceptable|
|11.Sample work plan for Communal Latrine – one block of 5 compartments|
|III Sample work plan for communal bath shelter – one block of 5 compartments|
|IV Sample work plan for one block of a unit Household (HH) latrine and bath shelter (a block of one latrine and bath shelter)|
Bidders must submit a costed bill of quantity each for:
(I) One block of 3 latrines and 2 baths (all in one block)
(II) Communal Latrine – one block of 5 compartments
(III) Communal bath shelter one block of 5 compartments
(IV) One block of a unit Household latrine and bath shelter (all in one block)
Your priced bill of quantities must clearly state the service costs and/or rates of commission. A soft copy in MS excel format using CD ROM must be delivered together with the hard copy in a sealed bid to the address mentioned in Section E below.
Evaluation: Lowest price
SUBMISSION OF PROPOSAL
Bidders must submit request for any clarification and further information concerning this solicitation in writing via email to Nigeria.email@example.com, Tel: 09 416 5555 not later than 1pm, Friday, March 23, 2018. The title/subject of your email enquiry must be “Re: RFP for Installation of Sanitation and Hygiene Facility Services”
Complete proposals including technical and cost documents must be submitted in a sealed envelope and signed by the authorized representative of the bidding company to the address below on or before 5pm, Monday, March 26, 2018. Envelopes should be labelled “Installation of Sanitation and Hygiene Facility Services” and addressed to:
The Procurement Unit
Family Health International (FHI360),
Plot 1073 J. S. Tarka Street, Garki,
Area 3 P.M.B. 44, Abuja, Nigeria
- FHI360 anticipates awarding multiple contracts, but reserves the right to terminate the RFP or negotiations at any time prior to award.
- Any proposal received by FHI360 after the deadline for submission stated herein shall be disqualified
- Issuance of this RFP in no way constitutes a commitment by FH1360 to award a contract.
- FHI360reserves the right to vary any part of this RFP at the time of prior to a ward if it becomes necessary.
- This procurement is funded is funded by the U.S Agency for International Development (USAID) and is subject to the applicable rules and regulations of US Government Funded awards.
- FH1360 is Value added tax (VAT) exempted, but charges Withholding Tax (WTH) in compliance with Relevant Nigerian laws.