About the Promoter of www.WinningBidsandTenders.com
A bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy (1975 set from the then University of Ife, now Obafemi Awolowo University) has been complimented with a number of diplomas and certificates, apart from on – the – job training and exposure. He obtained Diploma and Certificate in Data Processing and Information Technology (2002) and Certificate in Entrepreneurial Management from the Pan – Atlantic University (Lagos Business School) in 2006 (CEM 6). These are coupled with a love and passion for reading and gaining knowledge.
For over 25 years, (Gbola)’s focus has been on Government and Institutional Business. His involvement has ranged from the Federal, State and Local Governments as well as Donor – funded programmes and projects.
His career with the then Upjohn Nigeria (Pty) Limited, later Upjohn – Pharmacia, now part of Pfizer Corporation, worldwide provided the requisite training and exposure for institutional sales and marketing management.
Upon establishing Fab Medicals Limited (1998) and Alimosho Chemists Limited (1983), the focus on government and institutional business got strengthened and properly channeled. Gbola has handled projects of varying sizes and complexities. These projects vary from few hundred thousand to millions of US dollars, in size.
Over the years, Gbola’s contract tendering and execution involvement has spanned several organizations and firms in public and private sectors. These include:
- Directorate of Foods, Roads and Rural Infrastructure (DFRRI) under the late Air Vice – Marshal Larry Koinyan, during the General Ibrahim Babangida’s administration. Design and construction of rural roads and infrastructure.
- Lagos State Agricultural Development Project (LSADP), World Bank – funded Projects – design and construction of rural roads and drainages.
- National Primary Healthcare Development Agency (NPHCDA) – logistics planning and supply of drugs, surgical consumables and medical equipment to Comprehensive Health Centres in various geo-political zones in the Country.
- Federal Ministry of Health (FMOH) – revitalization of the Drug Manufacturing Plant at Yaba, Lagos. This involved the design and construction of a storage and holding area for raw materials, supply, installation and commissioning of tabletting machines, fluidized – bed dryers and capsule making machines. We also supplied drugs and medical equipment for various health institutions owned by the Federal Government of Nigeria.
- Crown Agents Nigeria Limited – logistics planning and supply of Drugs, Surgical Consumables to Medical Stores in DFID focal project states in the different geo – political zones in Nigeria.
- National Post Graduate Medical College of Nigeria (NPMCN) – sourcing and importation, clearing from the ports and delivery of research equipment for departments of Surgery in selected Universities.
- Federal Medical Centre (FMC), Iddo Ekiti – a federal government owned tertiary health institution with a teaching hospital status – OEM identification, procurement and delivery of endoscopy system for use in the Department of Medicine.
- Ladoke Akintola University of Technology (LAUTECH), Ogbomosho – a tertiary educational institution owned by the governments of Oyo and Osun states in southwest Nigeria. One of our companies – Genius Associates is acting as Consultant and supplier of Library books and Journals to the University Library.
His passion for sharing and disseminating knowledge resulted in the incorporation of Genius Associates Limited (a research and consultancy firm in 2005). The company collaborated with the Pharmaceutical Manufacturers’ Group of the Manufacturers’ Association of Nigeria (PMG-MAN) in 2013 on a very successful Seminar on THE STRATEGIES FOR WINNING BIG INSTITUTIONAL TENDERS.
In giving – back to the Society, Gbola is involved with the Lions Clubs International (LCI), the biggest international community service organization in the world. He was recently the District Governor, District 404B Nigeria (2013 – 2014) and he still serves on the Council of Governors, Multiple District 404 Nigeria.
Gbola continues to lead a very popular Class on Winning Bids and Tenders for Beginners at Tom Associates Training. This class holds three times a year – February, July and November.